Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Music To Spook By





I tried to make a mix full of equal parts goofy fun and appropriate creepiness. Some of these were chosen based on the names (having the word "ghost" in the title helps), some just sounded dark and rather menacing, eg. Swans' "I Am The Sun". Hope you enjoy 'em!

1) Transylvanian Concubine - Rasputina

2) Dear Sons and Daughters of Hungry Ghosts - Wolf Parade

3) I Am The Sun - Swans (every Halloween mix should include this band)

4) Cemetary Polks - Tom Waits (obligatory Tom Waits song...but an appropriate one)

5) Zombie - The Death Set

6) Tori Amos - Raining Blood (creepier than the original, I dare say)

7) Dracula's Wedding - Outkast ( I wanted to put in a hip-hop track. This was as close as I got. Vampires are popular, right?)

8) Dead Souls - Joy Division (obvious choice, but whatever!)

9) Meet Ze Monsta - PJ Harvey

10) Lullaby - The Cure (Robert Smith gets eaten by a SPIDER!)

11) Phantom - Justice

12) Zombie Boy - The Magnetic Fields

13) Strange Days - the Doors

14) Werewolf - Cat Power

15) Slide - The Dresden Dolls (I chose this one for the creepiness factor. Who IS the orange man? I don't know!)

16) Help Me I Am In Hell - Nine Inch Nails

17) Burn The Witch - Queens of the Stone Age

2 comments:

Kyle! said...

Fun fun. But learn to use a zip program sometime between now and next mix. It'll be so much easier. :)

HavaB said...

I know, I know...next time, I promise!