
So I can't stress how entirely fitting making a mix of horror-themed songs was during fall semester midterms. It was hard to resist making this an entire mix of horror punk and Bauhaus singles, but I'm pretty satisfied with my results.
Enjoyment of this playlist is best complemented with a bowl of candy corn (or, let's be honest, popcorn balls are awesome too).
01. Daniel Johnston - I'll Never Marry
02. A Raincoat - It Came In The Night [ The very cool and quirky soundtrack from the short film Rabbit's Moon ]
03. Pavement - The Killing Moon [ Throwing the original in here would've been too easy ]
04. Public Image Ltd. - Death Disco
05. Le Tigre - Phanta
06. Funboy Five - Life After Death
07. Evil Dead: The Musical - Death Is A Bitch [ Sort of a silly intermission.. ]
08. Mazzy Star - Ghost Highway
09. Eels - Fresh Blood
10. Sonovac - Human Fly [ A cover originally done by the Cramps - I told you I'd get my horror punk in here! ]
11. Bush Tetras - Too Many Creeps
12. The Misfits - Monster Mash [ Campy as f*ck, but a ubiquitous track for a Halloween mix nonetheless ]
13. David Bowie - Please Mr. Gravedigger
14. CSS - Pretend We're Dead [ Something candy corn-level of sugary sweet they did for BBC Radio 1 back in '07 ]
Download the mix here (until I figure out how to embed links): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XY709108 .
2 comments:
I can't tell you how excited I was to see candy corn in the mix here. WE COULD NEVER FORGET YOU, DELICIOUS BITS OF HEAVEN!
Soild use of PIL. I almost used one of their songs in my mix considering half of their first 3 albums are appropriate for this theme.
Post a Comment