
I tried to make a mix that avoided the female-fronted acoustic-type singer-songwriter thing. So I put punk and pop and noise and such. I hope you enjoy it, my dears.
And follow along:
1. X-Ray Spex - Oh Bondage! Up Yours!
Girl power!
2. Karen O & The Million Dollar Bashers - Highway 61 Revisited
Bob Dylan cover!
3. The Phenomenal Handclap Band - 15 to 20
Disco party!
4. Xiu Xiu - Hello From Eau Claire (Gold Chains Remix)
Least gay song Xiu Xiu's ever done?
5. The Soft Pink Truth - Do They Owe Us a Living
Crass cover!
6. Lovage - Strangers On a Train
Hitchcock = Fucking
7. Salt-n-Pepa - Push It
This song makes my mix worthwhile
8. Lullatone - Pajama Party Pop
Bad segue!
9. Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - White Corolla
Another comment!
10. OOIOO - Mountain Book
Japanese weirdos!
11. Ponytail - Die Allman Brüder
Baltimore weirdos!
12. Blood on the Wall - I'd Like to Take You Out Tonight
This song is ~*romantic*~
13. Dear Nora - Second Hand
I listened to this band a ton in 2009
14. Heavenly - Cool Guitar Boy
Classic girl-pop!
15. Le Tigre - Hot Topic
Most cliche song of the whole mix
16. Tiger Trap - Puzzle Pieces
Another "tiger" girl-band to balance the scales
17. Best Friends Forever - Handpocket
Thanks, Debra, for introducing me to this band with your Halloween mix :)
18. Françoise Hardy - Comment Te Dire Aideu?
Bring me back something French!
19. Dub Narcotic Sound System - Sabley Goodness
Bring me back something Olympian!
20. Kimya Dawson - Viva La Persistence
Another bad segue, but I had to get Kimya on here
21. The Velvet Underground - After Hours
And a satisfactory conclusion
1 comment:
handpocket was defnitely a staple in my summer playlists. SO CATCHY
Post a Comment